Welding is a process of joining two or more metal pieces together permanently. It is purely industrial based process. In which Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) is commonly referred as MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welding. MIG welder will have to perform his job in industries like aircraft, ship building, automobile, pressure vessels, etc.
Most of this welding work is performed in high platform or also in cramped spaces, so the welders must possess required physical fitness. In some case MIG welders may have to study blueprints and workout mathematical solutions. Good eyesight is basically important for welders.
Duties of MIG welders:
- Apart from welding process they have other tasks like handle measuring instruments and measure work pieces.
- Other duties like cutting metals, sheet metals, use plasma cutters and torches, punching holes, filing, grinding, polishing, and may have to use conventional machines like lathe, milling machines, grinders, etc when required and welders must also have knowledge to read blueprints and production drawings.
- May have to use forklift to move objects.
- Must cooperate with supervisors and other employers and maintain reports.
Expected Skills for MIG welders:
- Any engineering qualification is preferred but must have a good knowledge in welding symbols and process.
- Certificate courses in any reputed institute in MIG welding are favored.
- Experience of about 2 to 6 years in industries is required
MIG welders must be strong both physically and mentally. It is a tough job in way of handling MIG welding equipments as they are costlier than other welding equip
- Not Related
Users who found this page were searching for:
- MIG WELDING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- weldeing duties
- MIG welding
- mig welder responsibilities
- duties and responsibility of welder
- engineering articles on mig welders