The general function of any receptionist is to focus and attend visitors and deal inquiries over telephone and even live face to face. Provide information to the general public, clients and customers regarding the organization. Receptionist is the one who leaves the best first impression to all clients and visitors on behalf of the organization.
Top Tasks and Duties of a receptionist
- Firstly is attending to the reception area and greet every visitor who enters the organization.
- Answer telephone calls and provide caller the exact information or direct call to the appropriate person and transmit telephone and fax messages.
- Guide and direct customers and visitors to correct designation.
- Receptionist may also be responsible for preparation of letters, maintaining and creating word documents, spreadsheets to update customer data base.
- Maintain and sort mails, maintain sufficient record of office supplies, may even have to provide clerical support for the administration.
- Schedule and assist in planning appointments and preparation of meetings, organize conference within management.
- Maintain all basic office equipments like fax, postage machine, copier, printers etc.
- Ensuring a clean, professional and tidy office environment.
Qualification and skill set of a Receptionist
- Generally high school diploma is required for receptionist.
- Basic computer knowledge and appropriate software proficiency, good typing ability.
- Must possess multi-task handling ability, and knowledge of administrative procedures and clerical actions.
- Should be skillful in Microsoft office package, telephone communication, listening etc.
- Excellent written and vocal communication is an important key competence
- To conclude about receptionist, it is one of the unique tasks of being first basic person to communicate for any company.
These are the general duties and general qualifications of a Receptionist, these duties may vary according to industry, country and organization where you work.
This article is only for informational purposes.
- Not Related
Users who found this page were searching for:
- receptionist task form
- receptionist direct visitor to
- conclusion receptionist
- recepcionist skill set
- responsibilities of receptionist in marketing organisation
- skill set for a receptionist