Architectural Designing is a pre-planning work of a construction project. Mistakes or errors in this job will affect the post work. Thus this Job requires lot of concentration, perfection and responsibility. An Architectural designer is the one who designs the layouts of the buildings and sites with specific notations provided by the client and also should make sure they design according to the government norms.
Responsibilities of a Typical Architectural Draftsman Job:
- Should collect the necessary data and details from the customer before commencing the design project
- Support the clients about the designing norms
- Analyze their needs and should plan accordingly.
- Sample sketches of the building plan have to be made using freehand for rough purpose.
- Engineering calculations have to be made for exact requirements.
- Professional Drafting should be done using the architect drafter.
- Further, this professional plan has to be interpreted in the Computer using Computer aided designing software for 3D design of the plan.
- Interior designing have to be made in 3D for client demonstration.
- Have to check the plan once after completing the project whether the requirements mentioned are met with accuracy.
- • They have to guide and support the junior draftsmen in the project.
Educational Requirements for Architectural Draftsman job
In most of the construction companies candidates are selected on the basis of the software knowledge and the designing experience. For a fresher, minimum educational qualification is diploma in architectural drafting with some computer knowledge. Those who have completed crash course in CAD designing were also provided opportunity in some companies but with lower designations.
A junior draftsman can be promoted to a senior drafting officer with an experience of 2 to 3 years in the architectural drafting field. If they posses good leadership qualities they can get the opportunity of project team leader with ease.
- Not Related