Enterprise resource planning is one of the important process of any organization. Even though there is ERP software there is a need of a person to manage and co-ordinate the project on implementing various objectives such as the scope of the project, financial budget, time line , accuracy and the quality of the project. Let us learn about the general responsibilities of an ERP project manager.
Top Ten Responsibilities of an ERP project manager in IT industry
- Ability to monitor the cost, calculate the number of resources for the project and deploy it for the project.
- Understanding client requirements and ERP project manager has the responsibility to design a comprehensive strategy for achieving successful outcome of the project.
- Responsible for developing a good relationship with the respective clients, get inputs from the client and communicate to the team members of the project.
- End to End management and co-ordination of the project and responsible for the successful completion of the project.
- Arrange all the facilities to the team who are working on the project, provide training , support and extract the best out of the team.
- ERP project manager should have the ability to solve complex problems which arise in the project and responsible for the outcome and finish the project with great quality and on time.
- Design schedule for the project, and set time line for each member of the team and delegate specific task to each members of the project.
- Responsible for the timely completion and ERP project manager has the responsibility to complete the project within the stipulated budget.
- Predict risk factors and eliminate it for the successful completion of the project.
- Frequently reporting about the project to the clients on exactly about the progress of project, if it is laid down in the proposal.
These are the basic responsibilities of an ERP project manager, for each industry, country and organization this responsibilities can be changed, this article is only for reference and informational purposes only.