Telecommunication is a term referred for transmission of information and signals. Generally telecommunication engineer will have to deal with electrical and electronic activities, systems, radars, satellite, and navigation.
Advancement in technology helps telecommunication engineers to bring all countries closer by means of telecommunicating equipments like telephones and telegraphs, radio and television, computer network and internet, radars and radio navigation devices.
Telecommunication engineer must solve problems according to the situations and give appropriate solution with telecommunication knowledge including ISDN (integrated services digital network) communication standards, analog, T1, T2, SONET (Synchronous Optical Networking) and ATM (asynchronous transfer mode).
Responsibilities of telecommunication engineer:
Must handle all kind of telecommunicating devices and use them in proper manner.
- May have to visit sites when needed to solve problems regarding communicating devices.
- Will have to inspect and service telecommunication devices in frequent interval of time.
- Engineers will also have to design and create devices for telecommunication systems and cooperate with the team members.
Educational requirements of Telecom Engineer:
- Minimum degree is required in electrical and electronic discipline.
- Knowledge of all telecommunication devices.
Skill preferred for telecommunication engineers:
- Experience in networking field is preferred.
- Must possess good problem solving ability.
- Knowledge in software that deals with telecommunication systems.
- Knowledge in C-language programming.
- Should have all basic electrical and electronic knowledge.
Note: This article is for information purposes only. The job responsibilities will change according to each company and also country.