Cyber security starts from the bio-metric to complex security system. This is a high demand job because of the hacks happened around the very sensitive information system. Cyber security engineer prime duty is to build applications to stop such attacks. Still there are plenty of job openings for a cyber security engineer because this job needs experience, execution and carefulness.
Cyber security engineers are employed to perform variety of functions from developing applications to protect the business against all kinds of hackers. Cyber security engineer is responsible for performing/ developing applications that can be transform from trusted to secured systems. This job has a strong demand and quality cyber security engineers are very scarce in the job market.
Top Ten qualifications of a Cyber Security Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or engineering background or related to that discipline.
- Active secret clearance is a must as many companies look into candidates who have got the security clearance.
- Knowledge of PC and server platforms, dealing with latest to old operating systems.
- Computer Networking and strong base knowledge of networking layers, protocols and other networking concepts. Any network and cyber security certifications like CCNA , CEH, CompTIA Security+, CISSP and CCSP are a plus.
- Basic programming languages such as C, C++, Java and Python are important. Out of these languages Python has more priority where if you had learnt DJango Framework that’s a plus.
- Strong knowledge on Hibernate , Spring MVC and Spring features are a plus.
- Developing Rest API services is handy
- Knowledge and experience of JIRA, Bitbucket or Git repository tools
- Experience with DevOps automation
- Knowledge of Agile / Waterfall Methodologies
These are the following top qualifications that companies expect from a candidate.
Note: This job description is for people who are working in USA, some or many parts of the job qualifications may change according to the countries.
- Not Related